Thursday, January 22, 2009

inspired

Do you ever have one of those moments where you are truly INSPIRED?

Get this...I have a professor for my Research Methods class in Communications, that has a spark to his life. Some people could know nothing about his life, and still see that he enjoys and lives life to the fullest. But when you do find out about his life you sit in awe. My professor's mother was diagnosed with cancer last april, and she passed away in june. 1 month later to the day, he was diagnosed with cancer. Same story, different outcome...he just overcame cancer! he beat it, and although i dont know him that well, I thank the Lord for such a miracle.

Personally, I am in the middle of a rough time with my aunt and cancer, its been slowly killing her, and the doctors are pretty sure she hasnt got much time left. I see how much strength cancer drains from you, and also see the amount of faith one must have to fight it.

Most people that know me, know that I am NOT Afraid to die...seriously, its not a morbid thing its just death doesnt scare me one bit, i actually kinda look forward to it in a weird way ( ask me bout it if your confused) but there is really only one thing im truly afraid of...that is cancer, i dont think that i would want to try and fight it...and i hate the idea of a slow death. NOT DYING, but dying slowly.

All in all, in a time where i have been feeling a little sorry for myself with my recent surgery and recovery, i see a man who has endured so much more. Praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment